Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Sort of a ramble. ->REAL<-

More then ever this season, I've learned your actions dictate certain situations. And those situations are going to cause certain reactions. And it's those REACTIONS I want to emphasize on.


For me to get through to everyone, is impossible. But if Anyone could. Why NOT I.

My grandfather, introducing me to fishing 17 years ago this past June. And my lone fishing partner for at least 14 of them. As inspirational as he was, And THE only one I looked up to. He introduced me to catfish, At Gompers lagoon. No fear in him, He never hesitated grabbing a catfish, funny fish. Do you ever bark back at them? :lol: When ever I would hook up, I'd always step back away from the edge of the water, at least 10ft. Always thinking they'd pull me in. He introduced me to fishing, But never told me what drag was :lol: So I'd back up in fear of falling in. A little bit after My brother James and his Friends john and Luis, started fishing with us more. John and Luis were throwing artificial though, something i had NO Clue about until John gave me some green grubs with black flecks. That day i started using them, just tossed them along the shoreline and reeled it in slowly. I ended up catching 3 fingerling bass. A little bit after i dropped my zebco and started using a spinning combo like my brother and his friends. From 99 -2001 It was definitely mainly artificial, although I still used live bait. My outings consisted with my grandfather between Gompers and river park. In 2002 i had fish tanks and observed a variety of species. And i mainly threw Crank baits and grubs. In 2003 I joined online fishing forums, And it opened up my eyes, I quickly started reporting. And Quickly started searching for anything related to fishing. Things i probably wont come in contact with I'm partially prepared to analyze and figure some type of pattern, for whatever species it may be. In 2005 after much searching and around 2 years of a menopause administrator. I found WCF. A REAL Place. A REAL group of people with ethics, and more importantly morals. Here In reported on and off but vastly improving on my fishing knowledge and even more importantly my on the water expierence, Something I think is The BEST WAY TO LEARN. That's why in december of 2008 I elected to fish everyday of 2009. Although I only lasted 92 Straight days through a brutal CHICAGO winter. December 31, 2008 - April02, 2009. 254 TOTAL FISH. I documented everything by daily post on www.windycityfishing.com . My coldest outing was a -33 windchill Day, Which was brutally cold And I still managed a fish. With the Crazy and vastly changing weather in the crazy windy city, It was hard to keep up in the beginning. My brother dropped out half way in january becasue of the physical toll. Me working part-time at Jewel-osco 30 hrs a week as well as a girlfriend, i decided a Workout plan is in order. Aswell as a routine. I talked with work and we arranged 4-10 schedules for me. While I Fished the morning sometimes several hours trying to keep my consistency. I'd work out for an hour after work, Which after a few weeks built me new energy. Eating Healthy and constantly, the cold was never to much to handle. I never Left a outing for being to cold. I wore multiple layers. And Fished carp when it was to cold to cast. My daily routine was.

WAKE UP 7am
Drive gf to work 8am.
fishing 9am -12-1pm (Best time to fish in winter is NOON. and 2pm Trust me. :)
pick mom up at 3.
pick gf up at 3:30
Work 4 till 10pm
Work out 11-12

I'd find some time in between to post.

I never lost interest and i tallied every fish. April 2nd Is the day my streak ended. I ended sleeping in. and i figured I'd fish during my workout time. After work, My Gf told me she wanted to take a break... And i quickly knew. On my way to the fishing hole, My left rear tire goes flat. And it being so late, alittle chilly and so exhauted my frustration took over and i called it quits. I was so disapointed afterwards My friends said to act like i was still going, But I couldn;t as honest as I made this whole thing I couldn't end it with a lie. So I admited my defeat and and Anounced it. Afterwards I stopped posting any reports, And stayed away. I still fished atleast 5 days a week. But i never carrired the camera. There where very few times I decided to but for the most part the attention isn't something worth craving. The spots got more publictity and trash talkers were getting fierce. And through the whole thing, There is NO ONE that could imagine what I've learned fishing every single day for 92 days this past winter. I thought I knew a lot before but. My second month in i quickly learned I must adapt to survive, I mean really put emphasise on presentation and realism.


"Any man who knows a thing. knows he knows not a dam, dam thing at all." - Knaan


So with that and with my new upsoming season, My journey is just beginning. And no matter what i learn, I'll still know I'll never learn it all. So I'll keep learning. I'll keep growing.


I'm the least competetive fisherman you'll ever meet.

But i'll be the first to hand a stranger child a fishingpole and teach him to become a fisher of men.

- GEORGE WATFORD
-> GEO
Adept Angling
Chicago, IL.
Adeptfisher@live.com


<((><

- Let it snow.

No comments: