Monday, October 27, 2008

topwater pike... With 25 mph wind gust

Before Work today, Neil and i headed out to a stretch of the Des plains river We Found Searching Google Earth. It looked very good A little narrow, A lot of Trees. I started out throwing a Bright Red bomber deep Diving crank bait, man how I love to feel that bottom :-]]
20 minutes into the outing I Cast towards a Log With tons of debris pushed against it due to the Very high winds. the lure plummets the surface and I start to reel in Fast making Really Hard jerks with the tip of my rod digging it into the muddy bottom. BAM! he strikes and boy is he mean!! about 30 feet in front of me he starts to come to the surface As I repeadely yell over to Neil Oh I got one !! he's a beauty! the I get the momentum going towards the shore And throw him up on the bank, Man Was that exciting!! A Great time. Then we proceeded along the shoreline, Fishing the Wind blown shoreline in very shallow water I decided to switch from my deep diver to a top water since I was in a shallow woody flat. I threw that sucker out (Skitter pop) Using the walk the dog technique And I got a swirl.. but the fish didn't hit. two cast later in the same location using more aggressive tactics She hit! A short fight but After gettign her on the shore I dropped the rod and all Threw up my arms !! And Yelled Like a Freaking mad man!! YES!! MY FIRST TOPWATER PIKE!!! WHOOO HOOO!!!!! After wards I lent Neil a topwater And a fish when Airbourne on him!! Atleast a 25" fish. Dtraight out of the water atleast 2 feet in the air but unfortuantly no hook up.

today was a blast guys!!!!


my first topwater northern pike!!


my first northern of the day. Red bomber deep diving crank bait.




Sky: Cloudy/windy/little percipitation

Temp: 45

Pressure: 30.2 (RISING)

Wind: NW 15-25mph

Water color: Slightly Murky

Water visibility: 1 1/2'

Water Depth: 4-6ft deep.

Water Temp: COLD! 58

Bottom: muddy

Rod: st. croix Triumph

Reel: pFlueger presidential

Line: 10 lb P-line

Leader: ------

Sinker: ---

Swivel: --

Hook:--

Bait: --



->George Watford<-
Adeptfisher@live.com
GeorgeWatford@ymail.com
-->>FISH HARDER
-FISH STRONGER<<--

No comments: