Thursday, October 16, 2008

Carp Endevoure 10/15/2008.

->> George Watford <<-

The Last two days My Brother James and I hit a local Body of Water Near our house, In Hopes of a Few Common Carp. But not just -Any- Common Carp, we were looking for the bigger boys. James made another batch of his "Strawberry Tutti fruity" As he likes to call it. Which is basically just Flour, Bread Crumbs, And a Package or two of Strawberry Kool-Aid Powder. Starting With Day 1 James and I both fishing separate areas about 15 feet away from each other, The shore line brush keeping us from even getting a glimpse of one another. So after I baited up and so did he we both made a cast into The river. Our Baits plummet the Surface and the sinker pulls our presentation to the bottom, We Tighten our Line. Anticipating a Fish soon, I get the net set up. About an hour goes by With just nibbles, But nothing to show for it. Then.. The end of my rod keeps making slight but vigorous bending actions then they slow but the bend becomes even stronger. I make sure the lines tight, and set the hook!, Immediately I call for James to come over. "I got one on, He feels Nice!" I said. Jame's quickly came to my side net in hand while we watch this carp make repeated Runs out to the deeper water. He starts ashore one last time " Make sure you net him Face first Jimmy", I said. This way were guaranteed a happy fish Story! As he Does, Landed in this little Rapala folding net. The Carp was beautiful With a Very Big Belly. "Wow, That looks over 15" Says Jimmy. I reply "Yea, Definitely .. And boy is She SEXY!". We didn't get a weight on her but She was definitely over 15, And really close to 20.



George Displaying His Common Carp








Sky: Rainy / Overcast

Temp: 57

Pressure: 30.23 (DROPPING)

Wind: N 0-10mph

Water color: Slightly Murky

Water visibility: 2 1/2'

Water Depth: 4-6ft deep.

Water Temp: 72

Bottom: Rocky

Rod: Dawaii Fire Wolf 10'6" Med/Lite

Reel: pFlueger Trion

Line: 10 lb P-line

Leader: 10lb P-line 10"

Sinker: 1/4 oz

Swivel: 14

Hook:Treble size 6

Bait: special preparation dough bait.



->George Watford<-
Adeptfisher@live.com
GeorgeWatford@ymail.com
-->>FISH HARDER
-FISH STRONGER<<--

No comments: